W E L C O M E!

This blog contains perspectives and requirements of an educational technology doctoral student enrolled at Walden Unversity.



Thursday, July 15, 2010

Projection Virtual Keyboards - A Rhyme of History

The future is now here. The technology of projected holographic images has taken center stage. The projection full-size keyboard enables users to utilize any flat surface for keying. An integrated miniture camera and laser watches your fingers move and translates those movements into keystrokes.
This technology has emerged due to an emergent force known as a "rhyme of history. It rekindles from the past the standard, full-size qwerty keyboard. I also integrates the use of projection technology from standard projection cameras that is commonplace. Moreover, its touch-sensitive capability rekindles the same virtual keyboard technology that is used in many cell phones and pda's.

We all know that history does repeat itself. As far as technologies are concerned they all tend to use components from past technologies for their new creation. Yes, the old adage is true...there is nothing new under the sun!

References:



Course Vodcast: Dr. David Thornburg, "Six Forces That Drive Emerging Technologies"




4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    Great post! These projection virtual keyboards are amazing. I have not used one yet, but certainly hope to soon. I think they would be difficult to use, because I like the sound of the traditional keys being pressed. I also could see my fingertips getting sore by tapping the surface of the desk much harder than needed to make a sound.

    As a keyboarding teacher, I think this keyboard would be very challenging, because I use the raised fingertip guides on the f and j keys for proper home-row placement.

    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,

    Wow!! Awesome technology. I have not seen the virtual keyboard before. It would be one that I would have to grow to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,

    WOW! This is one that I haven't seen before but it would be cool! I wouldn't have the same issues as LeAnn simply because I am something that she probably loathes:) A 2 finger typer! Well really I am about a 4 finger typer... But I type about 70WPM with those 4 fingers... not bad in my opinion! I think that these would be great in a classroom! Too cool!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy,
    This is a great post and very interesting! I didn't realize that there was such a device available, technology moves so fast it can be difficult to keep up with at times. The technology you've chosen here is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete